Looking for soul winning and discipleship materials?
Looking for something to equip others in discipling them?
What if you had a tool that was:
• User friendly
• Simple in format
• Everything for basic discipleship
• Relevant to anyone
• A starting point to answer life's basic questions
• A six month long guided Bible study
• Effective at equipping anyone to teach another person Basic Bible Doctrines
• Good for grounding new believers in knowledge and love for Christ
• A springboard for further biblical discussion and learning
• Easily adapted to any basic discipleship setting
• Useful for small groups, Sunday School classes, individual study, followup programs, church planting, growing believers, equipping believers to fulfill the Great Commission, answering that question from the friend, neighbor or family member,etc.
We may have an answer for you! For over thirty years, the Won by One Bible Study Discipleship Course (WBO) has been effectively used by individuals in churches across America and on mission fields around the world.
A simple, effective tool
WBO is a simple, effective tool to use in obeying Christ's commission. Jesus commanded His own to go and "teach all nations" (Matthew 28:19), that is, "make disciples" of all nations. This is accomplished through
• Conversion with the outward testimony of baptism (Matthew 28:19)
• Obedience with the outward evidence of observing His commands (Matthew 28:20).
Discipleship, properly defined, is a combination of evangelism and follow-up of new converts--teaching them to follow Christ.
A ready made, enabling tool
Discipleship is a big responsibility and for the average person, the answer to the question of how to do this, is just not there. WBO places into the hands of believers a ready made tool to make the "how" possible while providing substance to the doing of discipleship. WBO is a series of twenty-four lessons which is divided into two sections: Basic Bible Doctrines and Instructions for the Believer which, together, serve a two-fold purpose:
• Teaching the Word of God to the unsaved- bringing the lost to faith in Jesus Christ.
• Discipling believers- leading the saved to service for the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Bible explains this in II Timothy 2:2: "And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also." To believe, accept and teach what the Bible says, one must learn from it first. So, WBO begins with a simple foundation--Basic Bible Doctrines.